Noen



Every once in a while I spend a day wandering around Mechelen. This quaint city between Antwerp and Brussels has been my home about ten years ago and I still have friends and family living in the area. The town has changed over the years - lots of young, creative people settled here and the city centre has been undergoing some major building projects. There's a new walking route following the river Dijle through the city, the station is undergoing renovations and different squares have been given a facelift.

On my recent visit, I decided to have lunch in Noen. This breakfast&lunch bar opened in April and is already a new hotspot. Homemade food, a cosy interior and outside seating in the sun - what more could one want? I opted for a pizzette and homemade lemonade, but also stole a bite from a chicken curry sandwich. Everything was delicious, next time I'll definitely try their signature deluxe breakfast... Check out Noen's website for their special events - how about getting your hair cut while drinking a cup of coffee or listening to live music during breakfast?

Noen, Leermarkt 24, Mechelen

Comments