Gamine



The past months I’ve been spending a lot of my weekends in my hometown, Mechelen. The city has changed quite dramatically since I lived there 1o years ago - building projects reshaped the city, young entrepreneurs opened up cool shops & eateries and projects like the Contour biennale for video art or the new museum Kazerne Dossin brought a steady flow of tourists to the city. 

One of my favourite places in town is Gamine, a breakfast and lunch bar on one of the beautiful squares in the city center. Debby worked as a copywriter for years, but decided to follow her childhood dream of opening up her own bistro. Homemade specials like - my favourite - avocado toast, seasonal salads and the delicious breakfast menu of pancakes, overnight oats and a superfood bowl with fruits and yoghurt will have you spoilt for choice. 

Catching up with friends and having a big cup of coffee from micro roastery OR coffee with a slice of cheesecake is my favourite way to spend a Saturday afternoon in town. The Gamine menu changes every week, so make sure to visit this gem of a lunch café often. You might find me sitting at a table next to you...


Korenmarkt 6, 2800 Mechelen
*update 2017: sadly Gamine has closed it's doors

Comments